online backup

Reaction score
Hey so I want to backup my computer online because my hard drive is about to crash and i don't have an external that I can back everything up to.

I have about 9 GB in music, 1 or 2 GB in photos and a couple hundred MB of documents. I backed up the documents already but I need to know where I can backup the music and photos. I tried to do it to one site but when I redownloaded it i had to go by each song and it messed up the file so that it put %20 in each space.

Are there any sites you recommend to backup music and photos? I just need to do it for literally 24 hours while I put in a new hard drive and battery and OS X.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It will take literally hours to upload 10+ GB to any backup service and another few to download it all again.

I advise you get something like this or this.

Install your new drive, then spend perhaps a half hour moving your data from the old to the new drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.