Group sms

Reaction score
In ios5 will we be able to create groups within our contact and send sms, mms, text messages to the entire group all at once?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I hope so. You can create groups now with an App called "Grouper". I'd like to see the ability to text a group all at once as well.

OP
J
Reaction score
What I meant was ... in ios 5, without using an App, can you create a Group within your Contacts, and then using the standard Messaging App, send out one text to an entire group?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Are you talking about iMessage?
Apple - iPhone 4S - Send messages, messages, and more messages.
It seems to have that functionality - but that requires another iOS device to work. It is akin to BB Messenger from Blackberry.

Unfortunately there is no standard for group sms across devices or carriers - so you could send a group message but the reply will only go to you (in general) iOS does do group reply - but there is no group contact as you noticed.

I know you want it built in but there is another app called beluga - it was bought by facebook
Beluga: Free, Private Group Mobile Messaging
but it still works. You can setup groups there and send group texts. The good thing is when everyone replies - it replies all - plus you can control replies if you want. Doesn't do mms though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
What I meant was ... in ios 5, without using an App, can you create a Group within your Contacts, and then using the standard Messaging App, send out one text to an entire group?

Did you even read my reply? I knew what you meant, I was simply giving an option to do groups now.

OP
J
Reaction score
Sorry baggss. It's just frustrating to have such a GREAT phone without the feature of being able to open the standard messaging app or mail app click the + sign, and click on a group, and send one message out to everyone at one time without adding individual contacts everytime. What if I want it to go out to 200 people?

C

chas_m

What if I want it to go out to 200 people?

That's called spamming. Are you aware that not everyone gets free unlimited incoming messages?

Personally, I **HATE** getting "mass" incoming texts, even if its something I'm actually interested in (which thus far has never happened).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.