incomplete iPhoto sync to iPad 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4GHz - Snow Leopard
In an iPhoto/new iPad 2 sync there are some 700 photos in iPhoto that simply will not transfer to the iPad 2 (odd photos within events and four entire recent events). The error message tells me that 'some photos (it gives me an example file name) will not transfer because they cannot be displayed on this iPad'. But they are all .jpgs taken either from an iPhone or, more usually, from a Pentax Kx - as all other photos were in the past. There appears to be no significant difference between the ones that have downloaded and the ones that won't. All other sections of the sync worked fine. Have tried a full erase and rebuild but - no difference. There is loads of free space left on the iPad. Any ideas?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
In an iPhoto/new iPad 2 sync there are some 700 photos in iPhoto that simply will not transfer to the iPad 2 (odd photos within events and four entire recent events). The error message tells me that 'some photos (it gives me an example file name) will not transfer because they cannot be displayed on this iPad'. But they are all .jpgs taken either from an iPhone or, more usually, from a Pentax Kx - as all other photos were in the past. There appears to be no significant difference between the ones that have downloaded and the ones that won't. All other sections of the sync worked fine. Have tried a full erase and rebuild but - no difference. There is loads of free space left on the iPad. Any ideas?

Posting a link to my previous thread out of laziness. Here is my take on the situation.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/252248-iphoto-syncing-problem-ipad-new-mba.html

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4GHz - Snow Leopard
Thanks

Thanks.

Problem is that requires me to have a working copy of Aperture. Have found no real need for that so far, so am reluctant to pay out the extra cash quite yet. There surely ought to be an iPhoto solution!

As a last resort, though................ thanks.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thanks.

Problem is that requires me to have a working copy of Aperture. Have found no real need for that so far, so am reluctant to pay out the extra cash quite yet. There surely ought to be an iPhoto solution!

As a last resort, though................ thanks.

Actually wasn't really recommending it as a solution, though it did work for me (I already have Aperture), just additional info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
It has happened to me...for no apparent reason..I renamed the photo and synced again and it worked...I've had to do it a few times on various photos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.