iPhone 4/4S Cases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
i Will be getting my first iPhone. So to all who already know, what cases do you recommend for the iPhone 4/4S (on Verizon)? Or where is a good place to start looking? Thanks

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
There are a lot of different kind of cases for the iPhone. Each of them have their pros and cons.

I'm sort of in the same boat, trying to sort through the plethora of information.

I narrowed mine down to a front and back screen protector and an aluminum bumper. It all comes down to preferences and looks. Which can put a serious dent in your wallet. The bumper that I bought is 108.24 with tax. Retails for 99.99.

I usually start with youtube. >_>" I know it sounds weird but you get someone perspective and you can look for reviews and it gives you a place to start.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Sweet, post back once you get it and let me know how you like it. I have always wanted one, but never have ordered it.

Definitely. I'll post pictures of the unboxing and stuff. Maybe a video review if I have time.

C

chas_m

$100 for a case??? Wow.

Personally, I think the Invisible Shield for the front and this Case-Mate case (or some variant accounting for personal style) for the back is all you need unless you are subjecting the iPhone to extreme risk (which I know is sometimes unavoidable).

I keep my iPhone in my pocket 90 percent of the time (thank you, bluetooth headphones!) but it's still looking brand new. I used basically the same setup for my iPhone 2G and it still looks almost new after nearly four and a half years. I've never dropped either one, so perhaps I'm less accident-prone than others but as protection against "normal" wear and tear I think the scenario above will do the job.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
$100 for a case??? Wow.

Personally, I think the Invisible Shield for the front and this Case-Mate case (or some variant accounting for personal style) for the back is all you need unless you are subjecting the iPhone to extreme risk (which I know is sometimes unavoidable).

I keep my iPhone in my pocket 90 percent of the time (thank you, bluetooth headphones!) but it's still looking brand new. I used basically the same setup for my iPhone 2G and it still looks almost new after nearly four and a half years. I've never dropped either one, so perhaps I'm less accident-prone than others but as protection against "normal" wear and tear I think the scenario above will do the job.

I'm not accident prone either. I just want my Phone to look nice and be in pristine condition for when I decide to sell it.

Reaction score
Check out these cases.

iPhone CASES

Magpul makes accessories for assaut rifles. They are a very good company. I have ordered a few of their PMags for my AR-15. I ordered one for when I get my iPhone on Friday. My friend ordered one for his iPhone 4 a couple months ago. They are great. They are an injection molded plastic. They are not soft rubberized material and they are not a hard plastic. The price is also great. Only $9.99.

Reaction score
I ordered 2 OtterBox Commuter cases. Every hard case I've had (3 iPhones) have trapped dirt/debris between the case & the phone and scratched it up. Even the bumper has scratched the aluminum band around my 4. Everyone I know with a Commuter doesn't have a mark on their phone. I think the soft case with hard shell (Commuter) that fits over it is the best of both worlds.

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ended up going with a custom engraved Pittsburgh Penguins case from Coveroo. I figure if it turns out to be crap I will take the loss because it was only around $20 with their free shipping and 15% off NHL Stuff

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ended up going with a custom engraved Pittsburgh Penguins case from Coveroo. I figure if it turns out to be crap I will take the loss because it was only around $20 with their free shipping and 15% off NHL Stuff

Did you read any reviews on it before you bought it?

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you read any reviews on it before you bought it?

Have you heard anything about those?

I didn't find a whole lot out there relating to the one I got, i found a couple about the painted versions but nothing with the case style I got and the just engraved logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
There have been some great posts in this thread so far, thanks!

I have a question - I picked up the iPhone 4 for Sprint. Money is tight so I decided I'd be ok upgrading to the 4 instead of the 4s. At any rate - I'm looking for accessories now.

I know both Verizon and Sprint operate on CDMA, which leads me to think their iPhones will be the same size and shape. I'm looking for a case and have found a ton of "iPhone 4 case(s) for Verizon" options. Am I right to assume that will fit the Sprint iPhone 4 too?

Also, are there certain types of cases which might make the screen protector start to peel at the edges?

Thanks =)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you heard anything about those?

I didn't find a whole lot out there relating to the one I got, i found a couple about the painted versions but nothing with the case style I got and the just engraved logo.

Well they sell different cases. The etching is neat though. I saw some reviews on youtube. They seem for the most part positive. The only thing they didn't like was that they etch the name of the website on there too.

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well they sell different cases. The etching is neat though. I saw some reviews on youtube. They seem for the most part positive. The only thing they didn't like was that they etch the name of the website on there too.

I thought the same thing at first about the brand name but it isn't too bad engraved but in color it might be a little much. I received it today. I got what was just listed as the Coveroo slider, they didn't have many options for the Pens logo. SO far I am not impressed. It is two pieces that slide together on top and bottom onto the phone. It is sorta cheap feeling as the two halves do not stay together without a phone in it but I hope it is tight when the phone is in it. I will update tomorrow when I receive the phone and if the case is solid or not. If it fits anything like it does without a phone when I get my phone, it is definitely a rip off and a cheap product but lets hope not.

Just checked back on their website that they offer a snap on by Coveroo now with the NHL logos, I probably would have rather had that but was not available when I bought.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I thought the same thing at first about the brand name but it isn't too bad engraved but in color it might be a little much. I received it today. I got what was just listed as the Coveroo slider, they didn't have many options for the Pens logo. SO far I am not impressed. It is two pieces that slide together on top and bottom onto the phone. It is sorta cheap feeling as the two halves do not stay together without a phone in it but I hope it is tight when the phone is in it. I will update tomorrow when I receive the phone and if the case is solid or not. If it fits anything like it does without a phone when I get my phone, it is definitely a rip off and a cheap product but lets hope not.

Just checked back on their website that they offer a snap on by Coveroo now with the NHL logos, I probably would have rather had that but was not available when I bought.

That doesn't sound good. >_>" Hopefully it fits tightly to your phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.