iPhone 4/4S Cases

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
That doesn't sound good. >_>" Hopefully it fits tightly to your phone.

Have you received your case yet? How is the trial run minus the phone lol?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Have you received your case yet? How is the trial run minus the phone lol?

Yep I got it. I haven't touched it yet or opened it. Waiting for the actual phone so I can do some pics and maybe a video. >_<"

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Okay cool, let us know if a video goes up

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Didn't have time for a video so going to have settle for some images. :p

Reaction score
I am pretty bummed that the UCO skinny bumper is not compatible with the 4s. I LOVED this case w/ screen protectors for my iPhone 4.

Does anyone know any similar cases. I like to just have a VERY SMALL bumper on it with screen protectors, I tend not to drop the phone so I do not need a big case.

-bentharbour

Reaction score
I'm a new iPhone user and I'm looking for a slim case to protect the phone if I drop it.

I was thinking about getting a bumper and then a screen protector.

Does the bumper shield it from scratches if I drop it? Is it slightly wider than the phone so that if dropped, the ground will hit the bumper and not the side of the phone?

Any advice would be helpful!

I'm a new iPhone user and I'm looking for a slim case to protect the phone if I drop it.

Does the bumper shield it from scratches if I drop it? Is it slightly wider than the phone so that if dropped, the ground will hit the bumper and not the side of the phone?

I was thinking about the Case Mate Jett Metal Case or the Barely There case...

iPhone 4, iPhone 4S Jett Metal Case by Case-mate

iPhone 4, iPhone 4S Barely There slim cases by Case-Mate

Apparently the Jett case comes with screen protectors for front and back. If I got the Barely There case, I'd get a front screen protector too.

Thoughts?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I was thinking about the Case Mate Jett Metal Case or the Barely There case...

iPhone 4, iPhone 4S Jett Metal Case by Case-mate

iPhone 4, iPhone 4S Barely There slim cases by Case-Mate

Apparently the Jett case comes with screen protectors for front and back. If I got the Barely There case, I'd get a front screen protector too.

Thoughts?

I would do some research on the Jett metal one and see if it interferes with the signal at all. It looks nice but I don't like that you have to assemble it with the buttons. Then you have a hairline crack that interrups the sleek design of the metal cause of the way they designed it.

The 2nd one I see quite a lot. My only concern with that one is that you need to take it out of your case every so often and clean the inside. Otherwise dust/dirt build up and causes it scratch your phone, which is counterproductive. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
What about the flip top leather cases? Any opinions on those? Hex has one but they forgot to cut a hole for the rear camera.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I just picked up this - CapsuleRebel For iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S - SwitchEasy.

This is my first iPhone - so I can't really compare it to much - although I did visit BB and glance at their selection. Unfortunately - they won't mix and match the outer and inner colors - so I actually ordered 2 (black and white) so I could have a black spine against a white background which goes nicely with the white iPhone. I guess on the plus side - I now have a backup case that has a white spine against a black background. :)

Overall - I like the case. It's a very tight fit - feels well made and I think it will offer a fair amount of protection - but I'll leave that to others to test. It also comes with quite a few accessories - pretty much anything you'll need - including screen protectors.

My only con is that I'd like the inner piece to have more of a rubbery feel - something with a higher coefficient of friction to provide a little better grip on the phone. The plus side is it slides in and out of a pocket with ease - but it also feels like it could slide out of my hand just as easily.

Here are a few pics.

PhoneCase1.jpg

PhoneCase2.jpg

PhoneCase3.jpg

Sorry about the shallow DOF - wasn't really paying much attention.

Reaction score
In my opinions: It'll probably be in my backpack in between textbooks when not in use and my backpack kinda gets thrown around alittle i've been looking at the otterbox defender or reflex series and possibly a g-form ebelow case

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just picked up this - CapsuleRebel For iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S - SwitchEasy.

This is my first iPhone - so I can't really compare it to much - although I did visit BB and glance at their selection. Unfortunately - they won't mix and match the outer and inner colors - so I actually ordered 2 (black and white) so I could have a black spine against a white background which goes nicely with the white iPhone. I guess on the plus side - I now have a backup case that has a white spine against a black background. :)

Overall - I like the case. It's a very tight fit - feels well made and I think it will offer a fair amount of protection - but I'll leave that to others to test. It also comes with quite a few accessories - pretty much anything you'll need - including screen protectors.

My only con is that I'd like the inner piece to have more of a rubbery feel - something with a higher coefficient of friction to provide a little better grip on the phone. The plus side is it slides in and out of a pocket with ease - but it also feels like it could slide out of my hand just as easily.

Here are a few pics.

PhoneCase1.jpg

PhoneCase2.jpg

PhoneCase3.jpg

Sorry about the shallow DOF - wasn't really paying much attention.

Looks like a nice case. My sis is getting the white iPhone 4S and she wants a crystal clear case to protect her phone. Doing research on it and so far I've only come up with a few and they don't look all that well made. >_>"

Tempted to get her what I got but in Pink. :p

Reaction score
iPhone 4S Case

Hey guys, I'm looking for a case to protect my phone. I don't want something bulky, and that is easy to take in and out of the tighter jean pockets. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

-kk

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Griffin Outfit Ice is a good case for an iPhone 4S? I've never had a case with any iPhone that I'm using but from December 1 I'm going backpacking around Southeast Asia so I'd like a little extra security. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I like the Apple bumper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac and Macbook
For tight jeans

KK-I bought the Sena leather case. After it stretches a few days, the phone slips in and out easily. Plus it protects it front and back. They also have a couple of flip type models in case one is accident prone with the dropsies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Core i7 2.66 500GB 15" - Mac mini Core i5 2.5 500GB - Iphone 4 32GB - 32GB Ipad 2
Currently i'm sporting the Red/Black Element Vapor.

photo (11).JPG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.