My keyboard won't work

Reaction score
Hai there. You won't believe my luck, yesterday it rained out of nowhere and part of that rain water fell on my 2007 MacBook Pro. So I switched it off removed the battery, opened it wide and left it with the keys and screen facing down. This was after I wiped it. After some hours I used a hair dryer to dry it completely several times and this morning I tried to switch it on. It came on after waiting for a long time for it to load (it appeared to be loading like it was recovering from some memory loss with a loading status bar below the apple sign). So when it gets to login screen it starts to give an error sound like I am making wrong password attempts. I switch it off and switch it on again, go through the long process of loading again and reach the log in screen, this time no error sound. In both cases I am not able to enter my password and the keyboard is completely in responsive. I can't even adjust the volume of change the brightness or key illumination. What do I do. I live in a country with no apple support services so I need a MacGyver kind of solution. Detailed instructions would really be helpful

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
When water gets into electronics, and especially a computer I would recommend leaving it in a dry warm place for at least 72 hours.
After this amount of time report back on the status of the keyboard, i'm sure we can then take you through some steps to try and get it working again.

- Simon

OP
N
Reaction score
Alright 72 hours later, only F-keys and a couple of other select keys ar able to work. Using a external keyboards is ok. Otherwise the rest is as I mentioned before

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.