deleted partition

Reaction score
Hi,
I´m a new user of mac computers. I have an iMac27 and I made a partition to bootcamp in order to have a windows.
Now I deleted this partition in disk utilities, but de space in disk has lost (24Gb). I thought the volume space deleted will return the primary partition.
What can I do to resolve problem?

Thanks in advance

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Why did you use Disk Utility instead of BootCamp Assistant the same way you created the partition?

Just deleting a partition will not cause it to automagically become a part of some other partition. It only becomes unpartitioned space. After you deleted the partition, did you then drag the bottom right corner of your MacIntosh HD partition down to take the space back into it?

I would make sure you have a backup before you do this - always have a backup before you play with any partition that you care anything about the data that is on it.

Have not done it in awhile now, you may need to boot and run Disk Utility from your OS X disc in order to do the above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.