OSX Lion Instability and Graphic Issues

Reaction score
After having installed OSX Lion from Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro 2009 model with 500GB hard drive and 8GB Ram I have started experience the following artifacts:

1. after computer goes to standby (e.g. low battery etc) and waking it up again (under full power like plugged in) causes fuzzed out and pixeled out strips to occur on the screen of my desktop that do not disappear even when flicking between desktop screens or logging out and in again.

2. Pixeled windows can also appear such as when I open another finder window or hard drive folder it will just contain a bunch of pixels no images.

3. When I re-launch finder pixels remain.

4. When I try to log off and reboot sometimes the computer hangs and I have to hard reset.

5. I believe it must be tied to the graphics drivers or hardware not being compatible with Lion (or at least not fully)

6. Yes I have the computer up to date with all the latest updates and otherwise do not experience any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
Hi. Like you, I experienced a number of issues installing Lion over SL. My issues were different to what you're experiencing -I had beach-balling, instability, massive loss of HDD space etc. Just the other day I did a complete HDD format & clean install of Lion and everything is once again working as it should! Maybe that would help you too -but please, do a thorough back-up of all your data, software license keys etc. before doing anything else!

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks a re-install might be not such a bad option, however if it's because my backup is corrupted than I would have to start from scratch, I want to make sure it's not just bugs that are native to Lion and will eventually be addressed by Apple.

OP
B
Reaction score
OSX Lion and Safari Instability

My Safari crashes quite frequently and attached is the screen that I am getting. My next move will be to remove all add-ons and extensions and try again.

Has anybody experienced Safari instability in OSX Lion?

Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 9.32.05 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try removing the Ad Blocker plugin that caused Safari to crash? Because that's what the error message is telling you.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.