when was the last time the power book was updated?

Reaction score
i want to buy a new power book, well i need a new power book. on my power book the dvd/cd rom no loger works, firewire dose not work, battry can't be removed becasue the case is dented & there is a small line of dead pixels at the bottem of the screen. its now 3.5 years old so apple care finnish a little while ago. as fare as i can see the power book has not changed in price or had better spec since januray. how often dose apple update the rang? just feel like i wasting money if i buy on now.

OP
L
Reaction score
so was it January? forgot to mention air rang is not what it used to be, i think it might be something to do with the aerial but i dont want to take the back in case i cant get it back on! (because of the dents), it was bad enough getting back on when i first fitted the air port card and the lap was in one peace. got to say my machine has seen some action and i think an plastic lap top would of failed a long time ago!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Who says next week? I thought they said yesterday was when they were expected to release, but that didn't happen.. so maybe I misunderstood, please show me where they say next week.. man that would make me happy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Apple has been known to have a huge release event like yesterday, and then a week or two later update the speeds on current lines and make no big announcement for it. So it wouldn't surprise me if there were updates still to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
That's true, and I sure hope this is one of those times.. I really want a new powerbook :) I saw a page advertising new powerbooks, but I couldnt tell if it was real or if someone was just having fun with reporting.. said new PowerBooks HD and they had a really smooth screen and better specs..

M

menace3054

Murlyn said:
That's true, and I sure hope this is one of those times.. I really want a new powerbook :) I saw a page advertising new powerbooks, but I couldnt tell if it was real or if someone was just having fun with reporting.. said new PowerBooks HD and they had a really smooth screen and better specs..

thinksecret mentioned something about next week for pm/pb but as we can tell they are not reliable whatsoever (said no video ipod, said pm/pb this week)

OP
L
Reaction score
happy me!

i orderd a new 15" with 2GB ram and 120GB hard disk! i am one of the cool kids again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.