Youtube with google chrome on MacBook

Reaction score
I get a black screen, can't watch vidéos on youtube with Google chrome but it works on my PC and it works on my mac with firefox or Safari.

What's the problem there ??

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of Chrome do you have installed? Also do you have Flash installed for all browsers?

What version of OSX is installed?

OP
B
Reaction score
Chrome: 14.0.835.186

OS X : 10.5.8

I don't know about the Flash installed on all browsers ???

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If a browser is open when you install Flash, I have seen that browser not work with the new install.

Since you say it works fine on Firefox and Safari, that is the only thing I can think of. Chrome 14 is working on You Tube here with both Snow Leopard and Lion. Have not tried it on Leopard as yet.

What I would try and download the latest stable Flash for OSX 10.5.8 and install and be sure all browsers are closed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.