Canon Scanner Problem

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I run a MacBook Pro OS X ver 10.7.1 with the new Lion Software updated.

I have a CanonScan Lide 25 Scanner and have gone to the Canon website and downloaded the software for Mac. This was installed no problem.

Problem is the Driver. I download the driver for Mac from the same site but when I try to install I get this message

"You can't open the application Deldrv05.app because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

Any ideas how to get around this?

My email is [email protected] Any help would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a Canon problem. They have not updated the driver installer which is still using PPC code. PPC code is no longer supported in Lion. I've run into this myself with several other programs including some games. Not much you can do except email Canon support and ask when they are going to update the installer to Intel only code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5, 12G ram 3TB Drobo
I'm in the same dilemma. I have a LIDE 60 and it's useless now. In fact, I've looked around and it seems other scanner manufacturers are also behind when it comes to drivers for the Lion. Anyone recommend a good scanner that supports Lion?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Most popular all in one Printer, Scanner, Copier devices are Mac compatible and should work well. My Epson will even scan wireless on my home network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.