Where to buy: Apple store, website or Verizon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S
Hi Everyone,

Once Apple announces the new iPhone(s) today I'll be buying one. But, the question is where to buy it: The Apple retail store, the Apple website or the Verizon store? I asked an employee (one of the geniuses) who said I should get it at the retail store because they have an easier return policy (if I buy from the website and want to return it I'd have to mail it back to Apple).

Assuming I'll be keeping the phone and will also be buying the AppleCare extended warranty is there any advantage in buying from any one of those sources? I figured just for the convenience I'd pre-order it from the Apple website and not have to wait in a HUGE line.

So, any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Larry.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably would be better off ordering it direct from the Apple on line store rather than have to wait in line at Best Buy, Verizon, or your local Apple Store.

Whenever a new iPhone or iPad is released, the rush to get one is enormous. I hate to wait in lines, reminds me of my military days. :Grimmace:

OP
lschwarcz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S
You probably would be better off ordering it direct from the Apple on line store rather than have to wait in line at Best Buy, Verizon, or your local Apple Store.

Whenever a new iPhone or iPad is released, the rush to get one is enormous. I hate to wait in lines, reminds me of my military days. :Grimmace:

Yea, I agree. I think I'll just pre-order it this Friday (Oct 7th).

Thanks!
Larry.

Reaction score
Wonder what time we'll be able to pre-order? The iPad2 pre-order began at 4:00am eastern time. Will the iPhone be the same time?

Reaction score
I will be pre-ordering through Verizon because I get a discount through my employer and Apple might not handle that correctly. Leaving AT&T because I am tired of dropped/failed calls with 3GS outside Sacramento and in Inland Empire (southern CA).

Reaction score
So there was no way to order AppleCare+ on the Verizon website so I started a Live Chat with Apple today. Apparently it is a PITA now as the companies each want to sell their own.

Here is the chat with Apple:

Hi, my name is Jessy F. Welcome to Apple!
Hello and welcome to the Apple Online Store! How may I assist you today?
Hello, I am _________, I purshased 3 iphone 4s from verizon and there was no way to order AppleCare+; how do i buy it now
I'd be happy to explain.
To do so, once you get your iPhones, do not activate them, take them to an Apple Store, purchase AppleCare +, then you can activate your phone with AppleCare!
can i make a genius bar appt, or is one not needed
You can do so if you would like, or you can just walk in!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Mid 2009 4GB 500GB 7200RPM, Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 8GB 750GB 7200RPM, iPhone 4
Hi Everyone,

Once Apple announces the new iPhone(s) today I'll be buying one. But, the question is where to buy it: The Apple retail store, the Apple website or the Verizon store? I asked an employee (one of the geniuses) who said I should get it at the retail store because they have an easier return policy (if I buy from the website and want to return it I'd have to mail it back to Apple).

Assuming I'll be keeping the phone and will also be buying the AppleCare extended warranty is there any advantage in buying from any one of those sources? I figured just for the convenience I'd pre-order it from the Apple website and not have to wait in a HUGE line.

So, any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Larry.

I purchased my iPhone 4 over the Verizon website without any issues. However, if something is wrong with it, you do have to mail it in rather than walking into Verizon and exchanging it. If you are getting the AppleCare I would get it from the Apple website to avoid any hassle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
I'm enrolled in Verizon's "New Every Two Year '" program and get a $50 discount off my phone. So I can buy two 16GB 4S' for $349.00

Plus they will grand father my $29/month unlimited data plan.

Tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.