Recovered Messages Folder

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am currently running OS X 10.6.8 and am having a problem with the mail application.

I was recently trying to send an email message that was apparently too large for the server to handle and was unable to be delivered. The mail application decided to stop responding and I had to force quit the application. This however is not the time in which the problem arose.

I am currently using 2 separate mail accounts one for incoming and outgoing mail message the other I use purely for saving my messages. When taking a message I received later on (approx an hour later) I moved it to a folder in the account I use for storage, and this is when the problem started.

The Recovered Message Folder for the account (the storage account) keeps popping up and populating the same email over and over again. I tried just deleting the folder, but with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remedy this problem?

Thank you all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.