Fresh install of Lion not working

Reaction score
Guys, could really use your help. Ive started the install process of lion from recovery mode. I went to disk utility and clicked erase disk of my hd, and then went to reinstall lion. Everything was smooth during the download phase. Upon restart however, It always displays an error message a few seconds after the installation window appears. In it, it says to try reinstalling lion. Any ideas?

Much appreciated as always!

PS ive tried this twice so its been a frustrating 10 hours waiting for it to download. :Shouting:

OP
N
Reaction score
Heres some of the log data - I couldnt copy it so had to write down the jest of it

dhcp en1: init transmit failed
failed to issue extension for item /com.apple.recovery/base system.dmg (depth=4000) no such file or directory.
failed to locate volume with UUID: (long numbers and letter combo)
could not find mac osx install data (I had just downloaded it though - scratching head)

Thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
Also, though I would add, since it errors out on me, I still have recovery mode - but it looks different than before: I have access to terminal if this helps and all utilities. Im very greatful for any help - I know the data has to be on my computer because I downloaded it .. twice..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You may have gotten a bad download. It sounds like your connection is slow which sometimes adds to inheriting corruption during the download process.

What I suggest is go to your nearest Apple store and download using their server connection. Also, before installing Lion again burn a copy to disk so that you won't have to go through all that again. Additionally, before installing Lion use the Disk Utility tool from the Recovery partition to verify your hard drive.

How to burn a Lion disk

OP
N
Reaction score
CHscag, Thank you for your help! I did get it working finally. the trick was to reset my pram and do one more fresh install - it worked thankfully :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.