Problem with uninstalling ..

Reaction score
hi guys, so ive been using hotspot shield for 2 years now and i love it. recently i downloaded the new version and things got messed up and decided to install the old version but the thing is they did somthing clever with the installer. u dont choose the desintation to where u wanna install! they skip that part. i uninstalled from the .pkg and i tried dragging to trash and delete all the contents nothing seems to work. they hide files and i dono where is it.. why do i wanna find out cuz(SEE PIC)!!
screenshot20111004at957.png

i tried evrey freakin way of un installing and still get this. i wonder where it installed those files that detects .. again the desintaion part was skiped by default! please help guys!

Reaction score
Look in /Library/Reciepts and see if there is a reciept there for it. If so, delete it and try again.

OP
B
Reaction score
no sir there no. only 2 files one from 2010 and one from 2009 still deleted them but nothing changed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hotspot Shield is one of the most difficult programs to uninstall since it scatters files all over the place.... Do some Googling and find out how others have dealt with it. The Apple forums have several good threads which should help.

In the meantime, use Spotlight or and other search tool you may have to find out where the files are located at.

OP
B
Reaction score
run'd the installation again and this time the destination says "to all users" and no other option. maybe thats the problem although i have only 1 user?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.