Recover purchased itunes songs

Reaction score
Hi All,

Unfortunately my old macbook died of drowning, I haven't yet tried to see if I can get any data from it's hard drive. However, on arrival of my new MacBook Pro I expected to be able to see at least my purchased music once I signed into my iTunes account for the first time on my new computer. I didn't! This seems to work perfectly for the apps, I can see those I have ever installed on my my iPhone and my iPod touch, but no MUSIC (which was all purchased using my old macBook).
I also followed a few threads related to accessing purchased music from iTunes into my iPhone, again nothing is found.
Just to verify I wasn't going mad, I still have some old emails showing my purchases of music from the iTunes store.
Any pointers would be very much appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

C

chas_m

Contact the technical support, explain the issue, they will permit a one-time re-download of your music purchases. This isn't an issue with Apple; it's an issue with the record labels.

Next time, make backups. Or at least sign up for iTunes Match when it becomes available (Real Soon Now).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.