Connected to net, but safari wont open? work?

Reaction score
Greetings, I am new to mac, but ive had an iphone for a while, and I have some linux expierence. I recently brought a friends macbook pro (coreI5).

Here is the problem I am having:
I CAN connect to the internet, via wireless or wired. (Presently im wireless)
I CAN connect to itunes, but not app store.

I can not get safari to open. On my dock, where the safari icon would be- is just a grey question mark that is named safari.

Here is how I may have gotten to the problem.
It connected to the internet just fine last night, safari was opening, etc.. However, because I got this from my friend- i wanted to be sure that i essentially wiped all of his stuff- personal and other- off. SO what I did that MAY? have caused the problem

a )I got the password from my friend
b) created another administrator account
c) logged into the other administrator account
d) deleted my friends account (which was also administrator) Not only did i do the simple removal (i seem to remember it gives you three options) I chose the MOST complete option- dont remember what its called

Now that Ive done this- I have the problem... I have 4 bars on the wireless thingy, but I cant get a browser to open..

Im guessing maybe safari got axed when i wiped my friends admin account, leaving just mine?

do i need to go to terminal and do some sudo-aptget thingy? (if so- whats the exact line and such?

Thanks

P.s I did try to meander through other posts, but seems the others are more for a problem i dont have?

and, maybe this would help, but how do i essentially reset it to day 1, so it thinks that this is the first time anyones ever used it, or some such?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.