Downloading with Safari 5.1 in Lion

Reaction score
Although I'm fairly proficient with Macs this problem has me frazzled. I got an invitation to download PS Elements 10 on a trial basis. Normally one clicks the "button" to download and the thing just starts and goes to the designated folder.
Not surprisingly "downloads" in my case. Now usually I'd right-click and select "download linked file" and get the darn thing. With clicking the "button" marked download at the Adobe site the Safari window goes black and just sits there with the link showing in the address bar. It just sits there and I'm frustrated because as far as I can see I have all my settings correct. Would someone please enlighten me? Thanks

C

chas_m

Works for me when I go to Adobe's web site for PS Elements 10. You may need to update your version of Flash, that's all I can think of.

Here is the page I went to first:
Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

I click on the "Try" link on the right side of the page, which took me to this page:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=en_us

Which presents me with a working "Download Now" button.

If you're not seeing that, I'd guess your Flash is either being blocked by an add-on OR you need to update your Flash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.