Why no MMS with T-Mobile and iPhone4?

Reaction score
I have read and read and read about this until I'm blue in the face but with no joy.

I have an FACTORY UNLOCKED iPhone 4 running the T-mobile prepaid full date plan. However I can't:

1. Receive MMS unless they are sent to me by self. (why would I ant to do that?)

2. See an option to activate Facetime &

3. No visual Voicemail which i KNOW is not possible so ignore #3 k?

Any help with accurate , workable info will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

FL

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can't tell you exactly why, however, T-Mobile uses different frequencies for their 3G and 4G networks which is why even an unlocked GSM iPhone will only work using EDGE.

Also - edited out your email address. Never wise to place your email address for all to see in a public forum where it can be picked up by BOTs.

OP
F
Reaction score
chscag

thanks & thanks

FL

Can't tell you exactly why, however, T-Mobile uses different frequencies for their 3G and 4G networks which is why even an unlocked GSM iPhone will only work using EDGE.

Also - edited out your email address. Never wise to place your email address for all to see in a public forum where it can be picked up by BOTs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.