Creating an app

Reaction score
I have an idea but am not sure about the next step. What is the language most used for creating ios apps? Is there a piece of software that might make it a bit easier for me.

I can write html and css but thats about it.. any suggestions on what to do/think about next...?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Objective-C is the language used..XCode is the IDE..there are engines you can use to help you along the way, but there isn't anything ready made that will make your application for you..

Creating an iOS app usually involves programming it using the Cocoa Touch API..there are numerous books that cover Objective-C and Cocoa Touch programming that will help you learn..

OP
Matteo
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice

Im just reading a pdf on ob-c now. Ive also found something that adobe has called "flex"...would this be useful...?

Im just about to look into cocoa touch aswell

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
AFAIK, you can now use Flex to make iPhone apps since it comes with an iPhone packager. From where I sit, it has the benefit of being an easier way to create apps but the Obj-C/Cocoa Touch route is better if you want full API support (not to mention the support of the company responsible for making iOS).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.