Can anyone help me to solve this error??

Reaction score
Hi everybody ,

I am a beginner in xcode... wen i am building my code i find this error .
can any one help me sort out why the error is coming ..and wat i must do..!!!!

Screen shot 2011-10-03 at 5.54.40 PM.png

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi everybody ,

I am a beginner in xcode... wen i am building my code i find this error .
can any one help me sort out why the error is coming ..and wat i must do..!!!!
Attached Images

It would be appreciable if u could right click on the image and open it in a new tab....so u can see it in large view...

Screen shot 2011-10-03 at 5.54.40 PM.png

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Please do not cross post in multiple forums. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your attached image doesn't seem to resize to a point where I can actually see something. Not sure if that's just me here, but in case everybody has the same issue: You might want to make it so people can see what's going on.

OP
R
Reaction score
hi dekan

Your attached image doesn't seem to resize to a point where I can actually see something. Not sure if that's just me here, but in case everybody has the same issue: You might want to make it so people can see what's going on.

i tried to zoom it but...the thing is u can see all errors at a sight...

It would be appreciable if u could right click on the image and open it in a new tab....so u can see it in large view... :)

thank u :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Just out of curiosity, is this your first application using iOS and ObjectiveC?

Usually you don't have variables sitting in the implementation like that (yes, I know that's common for Java, but in objective c, only static variables would be declared there (and those aren't very common unless you need the equivalent of class variables instead of instance variables which is usually reserved for counters or singletons))

You should be putting your IVars (like those MANY views that you can probably compress down into a single separate view controller) in the interface section. You also need to make sure to either #import the headers of those custom view controllers in the interface OR use @class for each of the classes in the interface and import the headers in the implementation.

Also, for readability - the generally used convention for naming in objective c is like this:

classes: each word that makes up the class name is capitalized

so psalm91viewcontroller would be Psalm91ViewController

variables (instance, local scope, global) and methods use what is known as camel case - first word of the name is lower case, remaining words are uppercase

so psalm91view would be psalm91View

Not that you have to do it that way, it is just the generally accepted naming technique used.

OP
R
Reaction score
hi Nethfel

Just out of curiosity, is this your first application using iOS and ObjectiveC?

Usually you don't have variables sitting in the implementation like that (yes, I know that's common for Java, but in objective c, only static variables would be declared there (and those aren't very common unless you need the equivalent of class variables instead of instance variables which is usually reserved for counters or singletons))

You should be putting your IVars (like those MANY views that you can probably compress down into a single separate view controller) in the interface section. You also need to make sure to either #import the headers of those custom view controllers in the interface OR use @class for each of the classes in the interface and import the headers in the implementation.

Also, for readability - the generally used convention for naming in objective c is like this:

classes: each word that makes up the class name is capitalized

so psalm91viewcontroller would be Psalm91ViewController

variables (instance, local scope, global) and methods use what is known as camel case - first word of the name is lower case, remaining words are uppercase

so psalm91view would be psalm91View

Not that you have to do it that way, it is just the generally accepted naming technique used.

thanxxx alot 4 ur reply ...i will try wat to put these things into ma code...
b/w this is ma first app....i am new to xcode.. i just googled and studied it so..the basics myt be bad ...hehehe...
and by the way i did import the headers...but i get this error.. but sometimes wen i do i don get ...for example... u can find the "psalm91viewcontroller *psalm91view" doesnt have an error but the next 3 has errorss..i done know yy it comess ...can u help me ouutt..!!!! plzzzz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
You need to move those variables out of the implementation and into the header. Those errors are related to how those variables are declared at this point - get them out of the implementation and (unless your classes are named differently) the errors should go away as long as you use the @class directive OR import the headers for those other classes in the interface file.

I strongly suggest you either watch some tutorial videos on Objective-C and basic iOS development or get some books on the topic to help you get on solid ground with the basics.

If you have an ebook reader and want a quick get up and going book you might want to look at:

Objective-C 2.0 Essentials

and

iPhone iOS 4 Development Essentials (or the iPad iOS 4 Development Essentials)

as those books are very easy to follow and don't attempt to introduce too much in each portion of the chapters.

Without a good (or at least a decent) foundation, you're going to find that you'll have many problems like these due to not understanding the structure of the underlying code.

I'm not saying you can't do it - I have every belief that you can, you just need some more material to get you going :)

OP
R
Reaction score
hii nethfel

You need to move those variables out of the implementation and into the header. Those errors are related to how those variables are declared at this point - get them out of the implementation and (unless your classes are named differently) the errors should go away as long as you use the @class directive OR import the headers for those other classes in the interface file.

I strongly suggest you either watch some tutorial videos on Objective-C and basic iOS development or get some books on the topic to help you get on solid ground with the basics.

If you have an ebook reader and want a quick get up and going book you might want to look at:

Objective-C 2.0 Essentials

and

iPhone iOS 4 Development Essentials (or the iPad iOS 4 Development Essentials)

as those books are very easy to follow and don't attempt to introduce too much in each portion of the chapters.

Without a good (or at least a decent) foundation, you're going to find that you'll have many problems like these due to not understanding the structure of the underlying code.

I'm not saying you can't do it - I have every belief that you can, you just need some more material to get you going :)

Thanxx alot 4 ur valuable advisee...... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.