Time Machine and WD MyBook Live

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
My wife's Macbook Pro won't finish a back up, it keeps erroring out. I deleted her user account off the WD MyBook Live and made a new one thinking something was wrong with her account. So I made a new one and now she is getting this error (attached) My Macbook Air backs up just fine and hers messed up all of a sudden.

The MyBook Live does backups over the wifi network.

She has tons of stuff on her HD and I don't want her to lose it.

Screen shot 2011-10-02 at 1.40.50 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Finder > Shared (MyBook Live) disconnect all users then reconnect this will also happen on an AEBS with a USB drive from time to time for some unknown reason .

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
Finder > Shared (MyBook Live) disconnect all users then reconnect this will also happen on an AEBS with a USB drive from time to time for some unknown reason .

How do I disconnect my MBA and her MBP? Sorry for the ignorance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
How do I disconnect my MBA and her MBP? Sorry for the ignorance.

If you are using an Airport Extreme you can access the disk and select disconnect all users and if its a shared drive you can use Finder to select disconnect all users. You did not state what router you were using it may or may not have that ability.

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I'm using a recently purchased Belkin router (at work so I can't get the model right now)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.