My ex-husband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ok, so I sound paranoid, but I have every reason to be:

EX HUSBAND (EX IS OPERATIVE WORD) IS IN THE INDUSTRY

(Apple, SEAGATE, WESTERN DIGITAL, INTEL, MOTOROLA, QUANTUM ETC).
He was running my Network with Ethernet, FireWire, Apple AirPort, Bluetooth PAN, VPN, ULTRA VNC, and (as yet) Untitled VLAN. He also had set up PPPoE, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, 802.1X etc. I was never in control of my MacBookPro, neither could the
so-called genius in blue tee shirts get a handle on WHAT is going on.

Mr. Ex was, and or may still be running a proprietary copy of OS X
Remote. My life for the last five years a living ****.
Apple has " helped". Any and all third party apps that could be found
support this operation. I have spent countless hours and many
thousands of dollars trying to skirt this issue. I bought a Sony
computer. The drive "broke". I have dropped out of MASTERS program.
Comcast told me to go to AT & T. We installed new routers and modems.
I took to answering my mail at the Public Library. I have cried. Stayed up all night and lost much if the last four years to insanity and paranoia, and log keeping. I am h a victim of the worst kind of abuse: GASSLIGHTING, and they said it could' be done).

Finally after logging in as a Webmaster in/on his domain, (not bad for
NO training, showing up in his controlled environment, self-taught through
what I could learn from various logs, etc: (I have
Remote Install, Sync., 3 servers, partitioned drives and Mobile apps, multiple administrators) etc., EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS,

I do not speak Apache, java, HTML, Linux, or even Fortran or Hex. And
Yet Apple would be astonished to see what they could see, if they would only see. Becoming a Power User and WEBMASTER, getting a handle on my
"GOOGLE" e-mail and domain admin and up the kerobos key-chain.

HELP ME, Mister Wizard...I want to uninstall ANY ability to access my system from a remote location and I need a secure e-mail. I also do not any infared signals and or detection. I am happy to hard wire it all. Oh, also I want to see what logs, mail, documents, photos etc are being burned on a disk, that MY COMPUTER won't allow me to copy or even see....

any ideas ? anyone for hire ? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
HELP ME, Mister Wizard...I want to uninstall ANY ability to access my system from a remote location and I need a secure e-mail. I also do not any infared signals and or detection. I am happy to hard wire it all. Oh, also I want to see what logs, mail, documents, photos etc are being burned on a disk, that MY COMPUTER won't allow me to copy or even see....

any ideas ? anyone for hire ? thanks

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Sorry to hear of the Ex doing what he is.
Best bet and easiest way to rid it all is to wipe the HD and do a complete clean install of the OS.
So that brings us too, what year model Mac do you have?
What is the current OS running on it ??

Cheers

OP
P
Reaction score
yes, high up in manufacturing, hardware, software, any and all apps , legal and illegal, if he can't do it, he knows who can, has copied everything he wants, and is running a "ROOT-KIT",[/B][/B] I am sure, even though I have gone to APPLE many times, they just say it can't be done without physical access, well if he is running my network, through another apple computer HE BUILT, and build dates etc I don't think a silly thing like passwords is gonna bother him...he has serial numbers and build dates etc.

I have put a new drive inand reloaded everything but "lost" (misplaced) the clean-up washing machine, and installed a bigger better faster brand X drive

Don't forget us us E-Discovery people in law firms! oh yes, THAT too: this is the five year plan on divorce....

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
That's what I was thinking. The simple way to take care of any potential problem like this is just wipe the drive - do a clean install and manually pick and choose what files and apps you bring back over.

I'll admit - I had to look up gaslighting.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I've also moved this to its own thread rather than resurrect a questionable 7 month old thread.

OP
P
Reaction score
Got SIGTERM: going down...

Got SIGTERM: going down...

what does this mean ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
^^^^^ Where is this showing up ?? In Activity Monitor ??

Mac Specs too please so we can help you better

Cheers

From wiki
SIGTERM is the default signal sent to a process by the kill or killall commands. It causes the termination of a process, but unlike the SIGKILL signal, it can be caught and interpreted (or ignored) by the process. Therefore, SIGTERM is akin to asking a process to terminate nicely, allowing cleanup and closure of files. For this reason, on many Unix systems during shutdown, init issues SIGTERM to all processes that are not essential to powering off, waits a few seconds, and then issues SIGKILL to forcibly terminate any such processes that remain.

OP
P
Reaction score
I already bought a new SEGATE DRIVE....STANFORD UNIVERSITY did a whole new install with their software....he is still here....anyone in the SF BAY want to help ?
Bill Gunning has passed way....I think I can only resort to carrier pigeon....he has morse code too

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Parks - I just brought your other post into this thread. I understand that you're a little frazzled right now - but let's keep conversation on this topic to this thread please.
Thanks

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I already bought a new SEGATE DRIVE....STANFORD UNIVERSITY did a whole new install with their software....he is still here....anyone in the SF BAY want to help ?
Bill Gunning has passed way....I think I can only resort to carrier pigeon....he has morse code too

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I understand this post at all. How do you know he still access to your computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll be honest, I'm not sure I understand this post at all. How do you know he still access to your computer?

Im with you Brian. Im frazzled by this thread atm, and its hard to follow. The OP **NEEDS** to answer our questions so we can be of help.

@OP when was this clean install done?? BC if it was a true clean install there wouldn't be any unwanted Apps that YOU havnt put on there . . . . . Something is a-miss here me thinks :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm confused as well. This topic you would think would be a serious matter to the OP...yet we get these confusing posts & off topic "cutesy" references.

@parks' pippin: Stick to the topic and please answer all questions so folks can help you out.:) If this thread continues to be too "mysterious" and confusing...this thread may not last much longer.

- Nick

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
this is a mad one.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
When I read this thread, for a second I thought I had too much of the wrong medication, then I realized someone is pulling our leg. -_-

Cheers... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Great story though. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If this issue is serious, rip out all your old gear, sell it on eBay and start off fresh.

I think we're done here otherwise.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Definitely an odd thread - but I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt as I did a little leg work and there quite possibly is a significant communications gap. But since she hasn't returned then yes - it doesn't seem to be going anywhere useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.