Lion flash player issues

Reaction score
hello, first im sorry if this is a duplicate, i searched and didn't find anything.

so after the update for lion osx everything that uses flash, sucks, i mean not a single stupid youtube video without the processor blowing away.... anyways so i waited and waited for an update from mac, but nothing.

so i was wondering if you had fix this or what to do here? im tired of those suckers deciding what is good for me....

thanks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Uninstall Flash, download and install the latest flash. Flash isn't an Apple product, so I'd suspect you need the update from Adobe. If you're having problems, uninstalling before upgrading is always the safest way.

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I can watch youtube videos but there are a bunch of flash player videos and websites that won't load now that I've done the Lion OSX update!!! What do I do?? Is Mac going to fix this ASAP? I can't even apply for financial Aid on the FAFSA website because it doesn't read the new version of Safari! I have even tried to down grade to a lower version of safari, firefox and Netscape but nothing works. ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO??? PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks!!! :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There is no Mac company. It's Apple and Apple does not make Flash. Adobe makes Flash. Like was suggested above, go to Adobe and get the latest Flash player for OSX Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Agree with dtravis7 completely.

You could also try the latest version of Chrome or Chrome Canary. They have flash baked-in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
there seems to be a bit of a behind closed doors war going on in my view. I've heard of a lot of problems with lion, safari, and flash. I don't have first hand knowledge of what is really the trouble, but I really wish the problems would just, cease.

I don't hear the same problems occurring with firefox, or chrome. I love os x, but safari, well not so much.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No issues here with Safari and Flash and Lion. Works great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.