Change to Netflix on Apple TV 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Last night I noticed a change on the Apple TV menu, when I selected Netflix there was no "Recently Watched" menu item?

I did the usually things, checked to see I was current on the APTV updates, logged out of Netflix and back in, and then I power cycled the Apple TV, still no "Recently Watched" menu item under Netflix.

I called Netflix support and asked what had happened. At the first the girl asked me to do all of the above things that I had already done. I explained that I had done those things already. She then went to her supervisor and was told "Yes he knew about this and that Netflix had not made any changes but Apple had made some changes in there interface that took out this menu item and unfortunately there was nothing they could do about it".
I really like that menu item as it allows me to return back to a TV series that I was watching or a Movie that I had not finished.

I am scratching my head as to why Apple would make that change, any ideas?

DavidH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I have a "Recently Watched" menu item on all 3 of my Apple TV's, and they are all up to date.

OP
DavidHH
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
I checked Netflix today and lo and behold it has "reappeared".
Sometimes we cannot explain technology, but that usually bothers me because I always feel that there has got to be a logical explanation for these things.
Oh well I guess I will just have to be happy that its back.

DavidH

Reaction score
Things like that happen on my ATV2 all the time. I guess sometimes it cannot get the data from netflix when you click on it's menu item. Holding the menu button to get out of Netflix and selecting it again usually fixes it. Nothing you need to be worried about :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.