• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

HOW TO DISABLE OR BYPASS SCHOOL Firewalls/Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xmexicano69x

well at my school they have some smart *** people they blocked every site there is to get around the Firewalls/filter they categorize them as "anonymizer" cant get on any site...****en pssing me off...we got macs at our school and i dont really know how to work around macs...they got st.bernad blocking us...if any one can help plaease do...also if you need any info o te macs i can get tell me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
No way around it without the administrators information

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
have you tried www.guardster.com ? i use that at my school because they block alot of sites like myspace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Even if you can...you might get in trouble if you try.

School computer people tend to be really hard nosed about their "security" precautions. Even if you don't do anything bad, you might get slammed just for working around them.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If the network guys/gals are doing what they should. Then they are monitoring the network also. If you find something to get around their filters. They will see it. Like technologist stated you may get in trouble. It would be better just do what you need to do on your own network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
when i was in high school there was a website we used to get around the schools firewalls. Then that website stopped working so what we did was use a proxy. If you can find a good list of proxies, just use that.

OP
X

xmexicano69x

nope www.guardster.com does not work, we use to use netscape n change the proxies and that worked but now that doesnt even work, and i dont think the people are monitoring b/c they know they got a good security...i also tried the "..com" but no luck...they got use in check

OP
X

xmexicano69x

any other suggestions?...and if i cant get around it do any 1 have a virus that i can out in a cd and open it in school (macs) that well mess uo there server for a while...thats how mad i am

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
xmexicano69x said:
any other suggestions?...and if i cant get around it do any 1 have a virus that i can out in a cd and open it in school (macs) that well mess uo there server for a while...thats how mad i am

Wow, someone seems desperate. And that virus idea sounds quite evil to me :eek:neye: .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Guys, this thread is locked. We will not allow discussion of hacking networks here. If you have a legitimate need to get through the firewall, discuss it with your school network admin. Otherwise, get your own internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.