SSD SATA-300 or SATA-600

Reaction score
Hi,

I am planning to put a SSD to the optical drive by using data doubler. Here are some of my questions concerning the SSD which I don't know much about it, I appreciate if you guys can help me out.

1. Here are 3 SSDs that I am thinking of
- OCZ Vertex 2 120GB 285/275 MB r/w. SATA-300
- OCZ Agility 3 120GB 525/500 MB r/w. SATA-600
- Corsair Force 3 120GB 550/510 MB r/w. SATA-600

My question is: Is it possible to use SATA-600 on the optical drive? If YES, then will it maximize the performance of the SSD ?

2. I have searched somewhere on google and some sources said that I have to put my old HDD to the optical bay and put my SSD to the HDD's original position. My question is: Is it the right way I should follow?

3. Which SSDs mentioned above should I take since the price are the same. Please give me advices which SSDs will give the best performance in my case.

This is my MBP configuration
Core i7(purchased April 2011) 2,3Ghz, 8GB Ram, 500GB Hdd(Seagate Momentus XT)

I'm not from US, otherwise I would go for OWC. I am VMware heavy user, so basically I use this SSD for my Virtualization purposes. And my budget is allowed to go for 120GB since the price in Denmark is not so soft. Thank you guys in advance and have a great weekend.

Regards,
SG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What has not from the US got to do with OWC? Use them all the time and they ship world wide. Here to Australia 7 day service.

OP
S
Reaction score
What has not from the US got to do with OWC? Use them all the time and they ship world wide. Here to Australia 7 day service.

Dear Harry,

I do know they ship world wide, but I don't want to pay once more (almost double) when my order ship to Denmark. Haven't you heard Denmark is the Kingdom of Tax?

191,99 USD for a 115GB, when it come here I would get a "greeting letter" from the post office, ask me pay VAT+import tax which is around 127 USD. The rest you can do the math :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well it will still cost the same when you purchase it locally - you may not have heard there is no avoiding taxes and death.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.