Equivalent to Proshow Producer

Reaction score
I'm a newbie in the Mac environment, I been using PC since I was a little kid and I just move to MacBook Pro, the thing i missed the most is my Proshow Producer, a software that create stunning slideshows and gives total control to the user in every aspect, I'm looking for something in this category, I tried Fotomagico and iPhoto but none of them get even close, any suggestion?
Please help for a new Mac user
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Carlos

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You might try their ProShowWeb. Can't say what might be missing from the full version software though as I've never used either one.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'll try and comment for everybody else that is going thru the same trouble.

THANKS

CARLOS

OP
C
Reaction score
Replacement software for Proshow

Thank you vary much for your suggestion, I've checked it briefly but looks very promissing.

I'll comment

CARLOS

OP
C
Reaction score
after play with it for a while I realized that has potential but the PC version of proshow producer was much, much better, in this software u choose a theme and is the same for the whole show meanwhile with PSP u are in total control of the theme slide by slide, that can make a huge difference if you play a little with the effects and themes.
But is still the best I've found for MAC yet.
Thanks for the help
New comments are welcome

Reaction score
I was wondering what you did?

I too am in your shoes. I have been a beta tester for Producer forever 10+ years. I have switched to Mac for the photography business but now I am in a bind. I have a slide show I have to do and I have tried 3 high end applications but none compare! What did you find out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Have you tried iMovie? Its pretty overkill for slide shows but its free with all new Macs..

C

chas_m

There are plenty of other slideshow options, ranging from Keynote to FotoMagico. What, specifically, have you tried?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.