PDF Printer gone

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new at owning my macbook pro and need some help regarding the pdf printer option. Here's my story:

I needed to update my epson printer drivers and was told to delete the current epson printer from my system preferences printer and fax in doing so I unintentionally deleted all my printers listed. : ( So now I am unable to save files as PDF's. Which is what I need to do. So I've done about a full days of research and download after download to try and get back the PDF Printer on my selection and have had nothing but disappointed and failure.

Can anyone please help me reinstall the PDF Printer as a listed printer in my system preferences??

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X are you running? The PDF print capability is built into the system, there are no drivers to download. You're probably looking at a reinstall of your operating system to get back the ability to print to PDF.

OP
H
Reaction score
system: Mac OS X version 10.6.7

I was supposed to just choose the printer I needed to deleted which was my epson printer in my list of printers. but instead I deleted all printers from the list, pdf converter and all other printers I had saved.

Hope this answers your question...

OP
H
Reaction score
Actually, your response gave me an idea....

You said that it is built into the system so I came up with an idea...

I went into preferences, print & fax then below the printers list clicked the + to add a printer. Then a new menu came up and a default adobe pdf printer was there to choose from. So I clicked add to add it and now it's in my list again.

I am going to give it a go and see if this solved my issue.

Thanks for the help!

OP
H
Reaction score
Yay!! That worked!

I can't believe how EASY that was! WOW

Thank goodness because I do not have time right now to reinstall my entire system.

Thanks for the help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Glad to hear it worked out well. Have fun and visit often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.