can someone please help. erratic trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I was hoping someone here could give me some advice. i had a dirt mark on my trackpad. so i squirted a paper towel twice not the machine mind you but the towel. Then wiped off the trackpad. its be completely screwed ever since. it jumped and clicks and moves on its own. its been about a day since it happened. it was doing better this morning then it started acting up for about an hour. its calmed down for the time being. Can anyone offer any advice. i reset smc and pram already. is there anything i can do to totally make this erratic behavior go away. Im still a little shocked that it even happened. the towel was not soaked. it was just damp enough to have moister and the computer is acting like i spilled a drink on it.

OP
safarisurfer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
This problem worked itself out. the issue is totally gone. whatever that was damp has dried (two days) and its fine now. whew.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.