• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you plan to download TV shows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Are you planning to buy and download any TV shows from the apple store?
Me?nah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
maybe... would be nice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I might, but only if I miss an episode of Lost and it's not going to be shown again until later in the season.. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i hope they get some better shows, i like lost and everything but its one of those shows you always have to watch, when would you really want to watch it again? and on the ipod is not a good idea just bc the screen is so small

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
macAttack said:
i hope they get some better shows

Same here... Once they get some get some more shows... maybe even older ones... I think it will be a great way to slow down pirating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope. I have a tv tuner so I record everything to my computer anyways, so if I want to watch something on the iPod I will just schedule it to record, and export it with H.264

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
Having a HomeTheater set up with the Mini works for me.

I would purchase TV shows but only Classic Episodes...!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
hmm... no commercials you say?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
raven is hot, if i may say so.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
So, that is why my grandsons watch her show. lol :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
Not being in the States and having the ability to get new episodes of Lost that won't air here for at least 6 months.....definitely worth paying only $2 for (at least, if you want to do so legally). Because my computer screen is 19" I don't mind watching them on it, but I'm sure on the video iPod it would probably be less than favourable. But as a few other people said, the selection is a bit small right now, however, the new video store has only just been released so give it a couple months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Just last week I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to download one episode of a show if you missed it. I haven't checked it out yet but I hope it works well. I have an old pc with itunes hooked up to the tv so this would be great.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I think it'll be great once it comes to the UK and there's a bigger selection on offer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
it's worth it for people who travel a lot everyday. If you missed a show, download it and watch it on your way to the office.
The price is quite reasonable too. If it proves to be a success, i guess more tv companies will ask apple to showcase their videos.
It's just a trial and we shall have a lot more better videos if people really buy them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
dstopsky said:
Not being in the States and having the ability to get new episodes of Lost that won't air here for at least 6 months.....definitely worth paying only $2 for (at least, if you want to do so legally). Because my computer screen is 19" I don't mind watching them on it, but I'm sure on the video iPod it would probably be less than favourable. But as a few other people said, the selection is a bit small right now, however, the new video store has only just been released so give it a couple months.

They almost certainly will not make it possible to purchase the show in places where it hasn't been released yet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I won't buy them from iTunes. The issue is their size is proportioned for the iPod, not viewing on a computer screen. Unless Apple released and sold full screen versions of the videos, it's not worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.