Lion doesn't boot properly after using Windows 7

Reaction score
I have Lion and Windows 7 installed on my MBP 15 2011. I use W7 only for gaming. Recently I've been having problem getting back to Lion after using windows. Everytime after I shutdown or reboot from Windows, my mac cannot boot properly into Lion (the wheel just keeps spinning at the apple logo screen). Several times, I can get in Lion but then my Wifi doesn't work at all and when I restart, it gets back to the problem above. My only way to fix is to boot into safe mode and use the disk utility to repair disk. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Resume feature or something else but it's been very frustrating and scaring me of using Windows again. Could any one give me assistance on this. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're having to use Disk Utility to do a repair in order to get back into Lion, there must be something going on that's corrupting the disk.

Try this: Boot back into Windows 7. Open up a command prompt. From run type in "cmd.exe" without the quotes. Then run the Windows equivalent of FSCK. Type in "chkdsk c: /f" without the quotes. You'll receive a message back that it will run on the next reboot. Now reboot Windows 7. Check Disk will run and fix any errors on the Boot Camp partition. If the BC partition has errors, sometimes that can affect your Lion partition.

If that doesn't cure the problem, your hard drive might be having problems. Make sure you keep your backups up to date.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.