Problem ejecting the Super Drive (MBA)

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a proud owner of MBA:D from past few years and all the while I have been using the super drive,all of a sudden, one of the DVDs' I was playing, doesnt eject. I tried all ways(including using the knife to pull it out forcibly) but nothing worked. Is there any other way for me to eject it out? or do I have to buy a new Super Drive?:\

Cheers
Sri

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums.
Sorry but you need to list all the ways you have tried. ATM i have no idea and i do need some idea as to try and give you a solution :)

But have you tried restarting whale holding down the mouse button/trackpad ??

Cheers

OP
A
Reaction score
Yeah..I tried that as well..and also tried ejecting from windows(I have mac and windows on a different partition)..I also tried leaving it powered on for the whole night(as someone suggested in one of the forums)..I tried using a credit card to insert into the super drive and then tried to pull out the DVD(again as someone suggested in a different forum).I took it to one of the Authorised resellers' of Apple and they suggested me to get a new Super Drive :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I took it to one of the Authorised resellers' of Apple and they suggested me to get a new Super Drive :-(

Think you just answered your own question.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
The good news is that you don't need the drive at all

I have a MB Air and simply use the drive in my MB Pro or my PC at home to transfer data or load software. No drive is necessary at all.

System preferences/sharing check the DVD or CD sharing box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.