What is a good international linguist font?

Reaction score
I am having an issue with a document created using an old international font that does not work with word 2011, whenever it opens any characters that are not supported will open up with a closed caption symbol, trade mark symbol, etc, and not what i need it to open up with, my question is, what can i do to get those symbols to open with word 2011? I will also say I have a pdf of the document, so if there is a program that can read an international linguist font, i could just use that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
MS Word 2011 and versions before are extremely fussy about fonts. Not just any font will work and even fonts that are usable by other OS X programs, may not work with the Office apps. It's trial and error trying to find fonts that can be used.

OP
W
Reaction score
MS Word 2011 and versions before are extremely fussy about fonts. Not just any font will work and even fonts that are usable by other OS X programs, may not work with the Office apps. It's trial and error trying to find fonts that can be used.

would it be easier to try and use a program like acrobate to copy and past the paper into a pages document?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you referring to saving it as PDF and then edit it with Adobe Acrobat? I'm not sure what you mean. Pages can open Word Docs so you might want to try that to see if the fonts display correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.