Magic Mouse problem

Reaction score
I have a new-ish Macbook Pro (10.6.8) have have been using a magic mouse ever since my mighty mouse died a horrible death.

Now, out of no where, my MBP thinks that the Magic Mouse is a mighty mouse and I can't use any of the the swipes, multi-touches, or scrolling.

I've tried deleting my preferences within the global library and my own user library, restarting, removing the mouse and re-pairing it with my MBP.

Can someone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Did you pull up Mouse in System Preferences and check to see if your gestures are as
you want ? I don't have a Majic Mouse but i would assume they are adjustable as is the Track Pad in System Pref.

OP
M
Reaction score
Did you pull up Mouse in System Preferences and check to see if your gestures are as
you want ? I don't have a Majic Mouse but i would assume they are adjustable as is the Track Pad in System Pref.

The mouse preferences show up as if the mouse was a mighty mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In System Preferences > Bluetooth try editing out if it still there mighty mouse then try re adding Magic Mouse.

OP
M
Reaction score
I took me reinstalling and re-uninstalling USB overdrive, accompanied with 2 restarts and a OnyX clean-out of the entire system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.