file sharing dilemma

Reaction score
A friend of mine has just given me an old g4 powermac, I have a few ide - sata adaptors so I figured I'd turn it into a storage server, installed leopard server on it and it seems to be working pretty well through screen sharing but the problem I'm having is the file sharing, I can't turn it on, I go into the sharing option in system preferences and the only options there are screen sharing, remote location, remote management and remote apple events.
Does anyone know how I can get file sharing going on the server, preferably without reformatting?

OP
K
Reaction score
yes I am logged on as administrator, the article points out the sharing preferences which is where I've been looking, unfortunately on my computer there are only the four options I posted earlier

OP
K
Reaction score
update, I have tried going through server admin to enable more file sharing options and file sharing still isn't showing up in system preferences, I also tried going into server preferences but for some reason I set it up as an advanced configuration so I can't use server preferences, I reckon I just cocked up the installation and may have to reformat

OP
K
Reaction score
as it turns out turning file sharing on and off in 10.5 server is controlled from server preferences instead of system preferences, and in an advanced setup you can't access server preferences so I pretty much set myself up to fail, I ended up reformatting to a standard setup which solved my problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.