Photobooth only recording part of a video??

Reaction score
This has happened a few times. I was recording a video on my Macbook while I was watching the timer tick by - it got to 32 seconds. When I pressed the button to stop recording, the video was only 3 seconds long. It has happened with 4, 6, and 7 seconds also so it is not always the same - not sure if it corresponds with the length of the video, though. I was also sure to move the mouse pointer away from the record button so it wouldn't click accidentally.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? It doesn't seem like Photobooth would set a video capacity but even if it had, my Photobooth library is almost completely devoid of anything other than photos. Thank you in advance for your time :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Are you clicking out of photobooth accidentally? Clicking the desktop, finder, or any other app stalls photobooth.

OP
W
Reaction score
Are you clicking out of photobooth accidentally? Clicking the desktop, finder, or any other app stalls photobooth.

Nope, Photobooth is still the darkest box - haha I have no idea how to word that properly - so I don't think I've been deselecting it.

I took one of the broken files and watched it through iMovie instead of Photobooth and it records whatever amount of seconds Photobooth lists it as actual video, stalls on a frame, and then plays that frame for the rest of the time Photobooth timed its recording session for. Ugh I hope this all makes sense, it seems really complicated to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.