Trying to convince my dad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel core i5, 120gb SSD, 2.3GHZ, 4gb RAM, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 model
i have a macbook pro that i got last june and i am fairly new to mac but i have to say i LOVE mac because it is so much better than microsoft. he however is a stubborn old man looking for a new computer... and i tried telling him to get a mac but he doesn't seem to think they are as good as i tell him. i am not smart enough with macs to say which one is best for him or why he should switch. My question is, What are 5 reasons mac is better than windows?:)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
5 reasons? :D

OSX
OSX
OSX
OSX
and did I say OSX! :D Sorry, to me that is the main reason, but Apples support is excellent also.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel core i5, 120gb SSD, 2.3GHZ, 4gb RAM, Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 model
yes thats true! hahah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The integration of the OS with the Hardware . . . It just works ;)
Its the one and only top answer for me
Get him to play with yours for a couple hrs and see what he says then.
Ask him to get you to duplicate something on the Mac he does in windows and see if its easier to do !!!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The integration of the OS with the Hardware . . . It just works ;)
Its the one and only top answer for me
Get him to play with yours for a couple hrs and see what he says then.
Ask him to get you to duplicate something on the Mac he does in windows and see if its easier to do !!!

I like this idea very much. I would however make a separate user account for him to play on. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I like this idea very much. I would however make a separate user account for him to play on. :p

Yes a valid point. Gotta keep your stuff secret from the parent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
1.) One mfg for both the hardware and software so everything works in harmony.
2.) OSX is one of the best OS out there for speed and less maintenance.
3.) Build quality is second to none also no one has matched Apple's track pad yet.
4.) All of Apple's devices integrate very well with each other.
5.) Higher resale when it comes time to upgrade.
6.) You can triple boot if you must.

Reaction score
They are great machines. My new MacBook Pro runs Windows 7 better than a pc equivalent in bootcamp XD. If you dad had Windows apps that he loves he can still use them with Mac. If they don't have a Mac version of the app, you can use Parallels (allows you to run Windows apps like they are native to mac.... almost....) with a Windows Bootcamp partition. Granted you have to pay for a Windows license but hey! At least you getting kind of away from Windows doing that.... but not really...... o.0..... I work for a Microsoft certified partner so I have no choice..... :D

I have had one issue with my new pro. It keeps dropping the Wifi like a mofo all of a sudden. No idea how to fix it and hours of googling and trying to fix it yields no results worth mentioning....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Let me tell you, he will never be convinced if he reads what you said about him being a stubborn old man or you argue with him. If the arguments here do not work, let him get his PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5in iMac
If your Father is happy and comfortable with a PC why on earth should he change?

Those of us who run Macs obviously prefer them to PC's. Others prefer PC's. In the final analysis, it's a matter of individual choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.