NETWORKING HELP with 2Wire,Belkin, Netgear Help

Reaction score
Am just in over my head apparently. When I had two PCs, I used my 2Wire modem and the Belkin hub and we could network that way. Then I bought a Macbook ProOSX, Version 10.6.8,2 GHZ INTEL CORE i7,Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. No problems with PC, but now I cannot print wirelessly on my Mac. So I did a little research and ordered a Netgear Router WNDR 3400. Still cannot print wirelessly, so, is it the Belkin Hub that is the problem? Aragh!!:Angry-Tongue:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Need more info. What printer is this? Brand and Model? What happens when you try to print from the Mac to the Wireless printer?

OP
B
Reaction score
networking reply to q

Printer: Epson Stylus Photo RX 680.
When I try to print from the Macbook, I get the message "printer offline" but I can print from my PC through the same setup.
Epson printer is plugged into the Belkin Hub.
I have "share printer" clicked on both the pc and the mac.
If I try to print from Mac, I get the message "printer is offline". I went to Belkin check for new drivers and downloaded a driver for Mac, but it downloaded as a document, not an application, and opens up with words. I got a Netgear dual wireless router thinking that would help, but apparently i need a hub thing?

OP
B
Reaction score
belkin hub not compatible with Mac OS 10.6. Now what?

Belkin support just sent me the following message:
"I'm sorry to state that the Belkin USB Hub is not compatible on MAC OS 10.6"
So, I currently have a 2wire modem hooked up to the DSL, and have been using the Belkin Hub to network the printer.
Now I have a new Netgear Router WNDR 3400 still in the box.

I am networked with everything but printing, I guess through the 2wire. The Belkin hub is stil connected and working with printing for PC.

So, do I even need the Netgear Router?

I have Centurylink High Speed DSL.
Should I just get a wireless printer?
Should I get an airport? I am just networking 2 pcs and 2 macs.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That response from Belkin means nothing. Belkin, Linksys and practically every other manufacturer that does not provide tech support for Macs comes back with that same reply because they simply don't know any better.

Start at the Epson site - specifically their Snow Leopard driver page - to get drivers for your printer - link.

My main question would be, what is the USB hub connected to?

OP
B
Reaction score
usb connected to printer

thank you so much for your help. The Belkin USB is connected to the Epson printer and the 2Wire. I think we got the hub because the printer is not a wireless printer, just a printer, if that makes sense. I will go to the Epson link and i thank you again.

OP
B
Reaction score
The Belkin USB Hub is what we are using the make the Epson printer wireless - or at least I think that's what it's for. I downloaded everything from Epson (thank you bobtomay) so the printer will work if I connect directly, but not wirelessly. Does that make sense?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model is this Belkin Hub? It's Wireless?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.