Mac Book Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 "
I am interested inpurchasing a Mac book Air or Pro, When I go on vacation I usually take 1500 to2000 thousand pictures, these will be downloaded to the laptop, when I get home how will I transfer the pictures to my 20" Imac that has all my editing programs. What is the most efficient manner to do this?

maureesk

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am interested inpurchasing a Mac book Air or Pro,

Remember...there are some BIG differences between the MacBook Air and the MacBook Pro:

- MacBook Air has no internal CD/DVD drive
- MacBook Air's ram CANNOT be upgraded after purchase

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are different ways you can transfer photos from the MBA to your iMac.

1. External USB hard drive or flash drive.

2. File sharing on your home network

3. Use Air Drop if both machines have Lion installed

Why would you need to upload the photos to the MBA first? If your camera has a large enough storage device(s) to hold several thousand photos, couldn't you just upload them to the iMac when you return home?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like Chacag said, if both machines have Lion, use Airdrop! Very simple and easy to use.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 "
Never put all my eggs my eggs in one basket, the card could get damaged or corrupted then all the pictures are lost, I download every day after a shoot, also I may delete 200 pics on the laptop as all are not always good enough.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You asked how to copy from MBA to your iMac. Networking, Airdrop (If both machines are running Lion), or external drive. Never delete from notebook till you are sure the pics are ok.

Those are the 3 ways you can get the pics easily from the MBA to the iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.