monitor system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I currently am running 1 27" iMac and 4 additional monitors. There monitors are powered off of a USB to DVI device. I am looking at buying 4 27" apple cinema monitors. I want all 5 monitors to mount flush together.

Here is what I am going for
screen-capture.png

Is there a mount system anyone is aware of that would allow for this?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Holy molly..4 27" monitors? Wow..that surely requires a lot of desk space..I have one 27" iMac and that's enough space for me..;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Holy molly..4 27" monitors? Wow..that surely requires a lot of desk space..I have one 27" iMac and that's enough space for me..;)

Don't forget the cost as well...@$999 each!:eek:

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Tried those. Best company for those is TYKE Supply

home

I am wanting however to mimic the way the monitors are positioned in the first picture. This might be a matter of building my own however there are articulating mounts that hold 2 monitors. If there was 1 large and strong enough for 4 monitors I want it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am wanting however to mimic the way the monitors are positioned in the first picture.

The first picture shows a mounting system for 6 monitors...you mentioned wanting to mount four 27" monitors...so I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for.

What about this:

NTI- LCD Mount/Stand for 2 Displays. Connect 2 monitors together.

You would purchase two of them...and then you could have all four 27" monitors supported horizontally (instead of the 2 on top of 2 setup).

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
In my first post there is a picture i attached showing a 27" Monitor in the middle and then has monitors mounted flush against them. i am hoping to mimic this with a 27" iMac and 4 LED Cinema display monitors

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In my first post there is a picture i attached showing a 27" Monitor in the middle and then has monitors mounted flush against them. i am hoping to mimic this with a 27" iMac and 4 LED Cinema display monitors

Ahh...I think that I'm getting a better idea of what you're looking for!:)

If I understand correctly...in the end you will have five 27" monitors...the 27" iMac monitor...and four additional 27" Apple Cinema Displays. Is this correct?

If so...then this would be a 5 monitor setup. Of course (as you probably know)...the 27" Apple Cinema displays have slightly different dimensions than the 27" iMac:

- 27" iMac is 20.4" high x 25.6" wide (height is with stand)
- 27" Cinema Displays are 19.35" high x 25.7" wide (height is with stand)

This is certainly going to be a complex setup...wanting all 5 monitors to be "edge to edge" mounted...especially since we're talking a 27" iMac + four 27" Cinema Displays. What also complicates things is...all of the stands I've been able to find pretty much max-out (in terms of size & weight) with the 27" monitor size.

Some of the stands we've been discussing mention a max. weight limit per monitor of 20 pounds...and the 27" Apple monitor weighs 23.5 pounds (with stand).

The setup you have pictured in post #1 works...because most of the monitors in the photo are smaller (or much smaller) than the 27" monitors you want to work with.

Like you mentioned...you may have to come up with some sort of custom arrangement. Could you work with the 27" iMac + four 24" monitors (rather than four 27" monitors)? This would give you more flexibility when trying to find a mounting system.

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
correct thats why I am not going with their setup.

Might have to build my own but was open to options

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
correct thats why I am not going with their setup.

Might have to build my own but was open to options

Not sure if you saw this in my last post...I edited the post shortly after posting it initially:

"Could you work with the 27" iMac + four 24" monitors (rather than four 27" monitors)? This would give you more flexibility when trying to find a mounting system."

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I def could. The reason I am trying to go with 27" is mac osx maxs you out at 4 additional monitors. If I could have 6 monitors I would however have not found a way to do this

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I def could. The reason I am trying to go with 27" is mac osx maxs you out at 4 additional monitors.

This is not exactly true. It's not really Mac OS X that limits the number of external monitors. For example...desktop Mac Pro's with 4 video cards installed in them can run up to 8 monitors...and I would bet that some folks out there may have tried running more than that!:)

I have a couple questions:

- What computer are you currently using...is it the 27" iMac we have been discussing?
- If it is a 27" iMac...How are you "driving" all of these external monitors? What sort of hardware are you using?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Very nice, I believe I am limited to 4 additional monitors by USB devices. Additonal graphics card would allow for additional

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very nice, I believe I am limited to 4 additional monitors by USB devices. Additonal graphics card would allow for additional

Exactly. Since you have an iMac + the Newertech product...it's a hardware limitation you're facing (not an OS X limitation).

Since you seem to have some "deep pockets";)...get a Mac Pro + 4 video cards + eight 27" Apple Cinema Displays...and you'll be good to go!!!:)

Spending that much money may even get you a visit with Steve Jobs!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.