Black or White

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
Ok, so now I have decided there is no point in buying the new iPod as I am never going to sit down with this big thing and watch a video. So that means the Nano. Should I get black or white, I hear that the black looks smooth and cool but it scratches easily and picks up fingerprints, most of my friends have that one and it makes it look horrible. Where as the black one I think looks good at the begininng although will get mucked up I think i would prefer the white..

Anyone got one, if so which colour and why, if not which colour would you get,

Although it does not affect the quality of the music I would like it to look good!!

Thanks in Advance

iRule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
i would get the white one so that it matches the ibook

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
chouk said:
i would get the white one so that it matches the ibook
thanks for the quick reply, im leaning towards the white at the moment although still thinking, any more opinions?
:rolleyes: ?? :black: ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i5, 12GB, 1TB; iPhone 4 32GB AT&T
Go White

iRule said:
Ok, so now I have decided there is no point in buying the new iPod as I am never going to sit down with this big thing and watch a video. So that means the Nano. Should I get black or white, I hear that the black looks smooth and cool but it scratches easily and picks up fingerprints, most of my friends have that one and it makes it look horrible. Where as the black one I think looks good at the begininng although will get mucked up I think i would prefer the white..

Anyone got one, if so which colour and why, if not which colour would you get,

Although it does not affect the quality of the music I would like it to look good!!

Thanks in Advance

iRule

I have the black nano and would say go white. The black looks sweets but it does show oils and marks from your fingers. I won't say it scratches more than the white, but that it shows them better than white. My 3g ipod has alot of scratches but because it is white I can't see them well due to the color. The black does look awesome when clean and sitting in its dock!

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
codyclark said:
I have the black nano and would say go white. The black looks sweets but it does show oils and marks from your fingers. I won't say it scratches more than the white, but that it shows them better than white. My 3g ipod has alot of scratches but because it is white I can't see them well due to the color. The black does look awesome when clean and sitting in its dock!
thanks again, i think that pushed me to the white although still open to comments
:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
the black would be fine, but I would get a case. it shows scratches/buffs really easy without it

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rs2sensen said:
the black would be fine, but I would get a case. it shows scratches/buffs really easy without it
what about an iSkin, I have heard the are good??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
yeah, that'd be fine. Really anything would be. iSkin, nano tube, whatever.

M

MartinAustin

I vote for the white. As was said, they both scratch just as easily, but the white doesn't show as much. And besides, what happens to the "coolness" factor of the black when you have it in a case all the time? Just a thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
id go with white just because its the apple color, and it matches nearly all apple product

M

mangoSharingan

Yea, white for me. Looks more clinical, pure and 'clean' if you know what I mean.

J

joeytomatoes

I am getting the White. BTW the new ipod is 45 % smaller than the classic iPod.

Reaction score
I put a Writeright (anti scratch cover for a palm pilot) on my Black nano and it doesn't get scratched anymore and it cost me $2. I am however buying a professionally made vinyl skin tommorow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.