USB not recognize?

Reaction score
Hello
I have mac book pro and its only 1 year old. last week i bought Samsung portable hard drive so that i can use it for my time machine back. it worked fine no issues but the problem that i having is that it is only recognizing on only one port not on second port even though both ports are working fine. i can able to use other devices on both ports and even i tried to connect same Samsung USB drive on my other mac book and it worked fine every time on different ports. what seems to be the issue here? why one of the port cant find it and another can even when both are working fine.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's probably because the second port on your MBP is not providing enough USB power to spin the drive up. If it won't spin up, it won't mount. You said the second port works OK with other devices. What other devices?

OP
S
Reaction score
It's probably because the second port on your MBP is not providing enough USB power to spin the drive up. If it won't spin up, it won't mount. You said the second port works OK with other devices. What other devices?

Thanks alot for replying, yes i tried connecting all types of USB devices even that hard drive also and it worked fine on that port but not on other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.