Long time PC user switching to Mac

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a very long-time PC user (since 1998) and I have decided to switch to Mac for my next notebook. I am currently saving up for one, but need help deciding what I should get and where to get it.

First of all, I will need this MBP for daily use and development/design use. I am a Web designer/developer and Mobile app dev. I will use programs like Photoshop, Eclipse, and various word editors and browsers open at the same time to complete tasks. I will also need to run virtual machines occasionally for Windows development. Which Macbook Pro do you recommend?

I am looking at the baseline Macbook 13" i5 for 1099 but Im not entirely sure.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You would be better off buying the 15" MBP. Discrete graphics processor, faster, larger screen, etc. It's about $600 more but well worth it for what you intend to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I recently switched and although I'm just a leisure user, I thought the 13" screen was way too small after a 15" laptop and 17" desktop. Go and play with them then decide. Also, you will get more for your money from an established online retailer.

Reaction score
I just bought my mbp last wednesday. I too was a long time PC user, and switched from a 17" laptop, to a 13" mbp. I thought I was going to be dissapointed in the small screen, but I'm actually pretty thankful I did. I didn't need all that screen! You will enjoy it as much as I do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
I have a 15'' 2010 MBP - I have used colleagues' 13'' and 17'' respectively. All three notebooks are wonderful, however I think the 13'' might be a little small for what you will be using it for, plus the 15'' and 17'' have better GPUs on board, which would help you out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.