• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Installed the new iTunes, now it doesn't work

Reaction score
Says it needs Quicktime Version 7.0.3 but the verion that came with iTunes was 7.0.2

S

sonofapplepm

Same here! I can't seem to find a Quicktime 7.03 update either! when i click on the videos icon i get the menu at the top but no video just black screen!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
how do you get your old libary from 5 to 6?? mine is not automatic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Mine works fine for me.

sonofapplepm said:
Same here! I can't seem to find a Quicktime 7.03 update either! when i click on the videos icon i get the menu at the top but no video just black screen!

If you haven't purchased videos or added your own you won't see anything on that black screen

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Wow, you guys jumped on this quick.

OP
M
Reaction score
I just completely uninstalled and then reinstalled. I actually had version 7.0.3 the whole time but when I would try to start iTunes it would say I only had 7.0.2 and no start up.

So before you install the new itunes, uninstall Quicktime first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I upgraded iTunes 6 and I can upgrade to QuickTime 7.03 BUT I recently upgraded to Pro with 7.02...!!! I'm guessing if I upgrade I'll lose Pro? :firemad:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You should not lose the pro features. You may need to re-enter the license code.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I am on my P4 right now so grabbed the Windows version. Worked FINE the first time. Did not have to do a thing.

S

sonofapplepm

Maybe i'm just dumb, but how do you see a list of the video and tv show content available on itunes 6. I can't seem to find it!

Thanks,
Josh

EDIT: For some reason it now works. Before when i clicked on the 2000 videos ad at the top of the music store page it took me to the radio charts page!

EDIT: The music videos work now and so does Pixar, but the tv shows aren't working. I still get the radio charts browse screen!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You have to look in the iTMS. It is down right now though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.