help playing .isz files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i have a game with the file ending in ".isz"
how do i play this game? I read something about unziping this file into an iOS file, but all the applications i downloaded do seem to be able to do that
please help me understand
thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
ISZ is a Zipped ISO Disk Image, and you should definitely NOT be getting any game in that format for any iOS device..

Where did you get this file from?

OP
L
Reaction score
i recieved it from a friend off of a flash drive who claimed it should work on my computer

OP
L
Reaction score
opening .isz file for FREE on mac

i already learned that a .isz file is a zipped ISO file, but i need to unzip it. i found that Toast is a great file unzipper for mac, but that it costs $80. i may have my information wrong, but if i am right, where can i download an application that will unzip this file for free?
thanks

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I think I'm going to have to agree with Razor as I can't come up with a legitimate scenario for this. This is not something we'll be helping you with here.

C

chas_m

Toast unzips files? I've been using it for over a decade and can't find any documentation regarding this supposed ability at all. Why would a video conversion program unzip files?

Macs have a built-in facility to unzip standard ZIP files, you just double-click the file. I don't know if it will recognize .isz files or not.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged duplicate threads. Do not repost this question again.

And note for others - we're not going to assist in your efforts to get software you should be purchasing. Try purchasing your own copy of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.