Mac Pro i5 or i7 HELP!!!!

Reaction score
I have a dilemma. I have just made the decision to get my first Mac, and I have been presented with two choices. I can get a 13” Pro i5 for the standard rate (with teachers discount), or else a 13” Pro i7 at a even better reduced rate but is a refurbished unit.

What to do???? I am assured that I wouldn’t even know it was a refurb, ie as good as new, but my issue is, should I spend the extra bucks?....

My usage will be day to day “stuff” with the exception of music related recording and editing programs. Will the i7 make any difference to me?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless you're using complex programs that need the CPU horse power, you probably won't be able to tell the difference between the i5 and i7. Both machines use the same GPU - the Intel HD 3000 so there's no difference there either. Save your $$ and buy the new machine with your educational discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
i7, a no brainer

More horsepower for fewer dollars. You will see no difference at all between a similarly equipped original and an Apple refurb. But you will see a difference in enhanced performance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.