not sure this is the right place for this**but**

Reaction score
I am wondering if I need to download and install an application cleaner to remove files, or just drop to trash. I understand if I install something and it has it's own uninstall program, you should use it, but what are the recommendations of the "cleaner"? I seen the app cleaner & app zapper, want something easy and effective. thanks again in advance. I have gotten great assistance on this forum since I got my mac, and being new, the experience is greatly appreciated. Dennis

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
With most apps throwing in the trash zaps it all. There might be a couple of small couple of k config files.

Some apps have an uninstaller. If that is the case, run that.

If a couple of small plist files bug you, use one of the free app cleaners. I have been using App Cleaner.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
+1 for AppCleaner - it's free and more than gets the job done. But, as dtravis7 rightly noted, if an app has an uninstaller, use that. If it was installed using an installer but doesn't have an uninstaller, look on the developer's website for uninstall instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.