Burn one movie on two dvds

Reaction score
i want to make a back up, but Toast doesnt seem to be able to burn one file on two seperate dvds for very large movies. i do not want to compress my file, i would rather have two dvds with high quality. how can i burn one file continuosly on two disks.

Q

quanz

flipm3 said:
i want to make a back up, but Toast doesnt seem to be able to burn one file on two seperate dvds for very large movies. i do not want to compress my file, i would rather have two dvds with high quality. how can i burn one file continuosly on two disks.
could you split it with imovie? or am I high?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
how big is the file? a dual layer disk could work for you.

compression does not affect quality that much really.....i watch compressed disks on a 48inch sony wega plasma thingy and it looks beautiful...completely fooled the parents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
found this on ripdifferent.com....i guess you can just make two different movies and then put them both on two disks

If you want to edit clips in iMovie, FCP, or QT or something, you'll need to convert them to DV format, which will degrade the picture and audio quality somewhat, but can be edited in QT-based apps. To do so, after ripping with MTR, you can use MPEG Streamclip (free), DVDxDV, or ExportToQT (part of the excellent $10 MPEG2Works suite of tools - requires you to purchase the $20 Apple QuickTime MPEG2 Playback Component). Once you're done editing, use iDVD or DVD Studio Pro to convert them back to DVD format.

Additionally, growch has some further advice on this matter:

As a sidenote for others out there, I was able [to] use [MPEG Streamclip] without having to purchase the $20 QuickTime Component. It played the .VOB (with audio) and was able to spit out a DV version which I'll now be able to import into Final Cut Pro. More importantly I can now take this and other future converted .VOB files and recompress them using QT Pr

OP
F
Reaction score
well cause originally i did compress it but it still does not fit. i used DVD2OneX and its not fitting on my DVD's...so i figure if i have to put it on two dvds...might as well not compress it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.