Word 2011 Pasting Problem

Reaction score
This problem has been driving me CRAZY.

When I copy and paste, the pasting shows up as a link. The only way around this is to Smart Paste....extra steps and a pain.

But! While this happens on my iMac (BTW all software is current) it does NOT happen on my Mac Pro. I've tried lots of preference changes. No luck.

I just disabled CopyPaste Pro and the problem disappears. However, there is still no problem on the Mac Pro with CopyPaste Pro enabled.

Please help me....I just can't take it any longer!!!:Angry::Angry:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of OS X are you using? And what's the year model of your Mac that's giving you a problem with Copy Paste Pro? According to their web site Copy Paste Pro is supposedly compatible with Lion. However, if turning it off and the problem disappears, I would say there's something going on with the program that's causing the error. Have you been in touch with their support?

OP
N
Reaction score
10.6.8 - all software is current.
Remember this does NOT happen on the Mac Pro w/ same software.
Thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
I guess now that Lion is out, the operating system is not 'current'.
But it is for Snow Leopard.

There's not 'double secret' preference in Word or A N Y T H I N G that I can check or uncheck??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.